Wider curricular Success
We are very proud of our students’ achievements in activities outside of the normal academic curriculum too. We actively encourage them to take part in activities that enrich their curriculum experience and represent the Academy and themselves with pride.
In addition to various sporting accolades here are some achievements from last year that have made our Academy community very proud:
- Year 9 students of History designed a monument which has been shortlisted for the 'Football Remembers' competition to design a National Memorial Aboretum in Staffordshire. If the students win, their design will be built in the arboretum and their prize awarded by Prince William and Theo Walcott.
- Students across various year groups have taken an active part in community life in the following ways:
- Organising and delivering a Citizenship campaign at local Methodist Church with Adrian Bailey, local MP
- Musical performances the local Methodist Church for the elderly
- Flag bearer at Tipton Cemetery to celebrate the cemetery winning a community award.
Please visit http://www.acesch.co.uk/news for more information about our wider curricular success.