OCR Level 3 Cambridge Technical in Media
"I really enjoy the creativity and flexibility of the different Media forms we are allowed to study."
"The lessons are enjoyable and I love being able to use all of the different technologies for the making of the variety of different products."
- A Grade B in GCSE English and a Grade C in GCSE Mathematics
- Unit 01: Analysing media products and audiences (mandatory unit)
- Unit 13: Planning and Pitching a Print based Product
- Unit 32: Graphic Design for Media Studies
- Unit 40: UK Film Studies
- Unit 15: Print based Advertising Media
- Unit 14: Producing a Print Based- Media Product
To achieve this qualification you will be assessed through practical and written work via coursework assignments. Working in the media involves a lot of team working so you can expect to work in creative teams on projects. A unit grade can be awarded at Pass, Merit or Distinction. There are no exams. This course will be studied over a period of two years. To achieve the Diploma you will study for the certificate in Media for the first year. Over the course you will take six units and upon successful completion will be equivalent to one A level.
Progression routes from this course
- Further education to study a variety of course such as Media Production, Photography, Broadcast TV, Sound Engineering and Film Production.
- As a career you may well progress into Marketing, Graphic Design, Journalism, Radio Broadcasting and Web Design.