“I like the fact that we get so much in depth knowledge and I get to really understand the things around me. I find it all so interesting, particularly why we have short and long days at different times of the year.”
- A Grade C in GCSE Geography, English and Mathematics
- G1 Changing Physical Environments
- G2 Changing Human Environments
- G3 Contemporary themes and research in geography
- G4 Sustainability
- Two exams for AS- G1 (Physical) & G2 (Human)
- Two exams for A2- G3 (Development, Climatic Hazards & Fieldwork) & G4 (Sustainability)
Progression routes from this course
Geography students are employed in a wide range of sectors, including the public sector, education, commerce, industry, transport and tourism. Geography graduates have excellent transferable skills, which also attract employers from the business, law and finance sectors.
Employers include: local government; the Civil Service; the armed forces; Ministry of Defence; police service; private companies; environmental consultancies; environmental protection agencies; utility companies; charities; information systems organisations.