English Language & Literature
- A Grade B in GCSE English Language and a Grade C in GCSE Mathematics
- ELLA1 – Integrated Analysis and Text Production – The study of two texts (this year, Street Car Named Desire, Top Girls,) in order to both analyse them and produce related, creative texts.
- ELLA2 – Analysing Speech and Its Representation – The analysis of speech in a range of contexts (All My sons).
- ELLA3 – Comparative Analysis and Text Adaptation – Comparison of a range of unseen texts, and the production of a piece of original writing from the study of a set non-fiction text (Cupcakes and Kalashnikovs).
- ELLA4 – Comparative Analysis Through Independent Study – Comparison of two texts, one of which is poetry (Ariel and Whitsun Weddings).
- ELLA1 and 2 – Both examination units, worth 50 % each, making up the AS level.
- ELLA3 – Examination, worth 30% of the A-Level.
- ELLA4 – Coursework, worth 20% of the A-Level.
Progression routes from this course
English Language and Literature is recognised by most employers and university courses as being a clear indication of good communication and analytical skills. Students who have studied English Language and Literature at ACE Academy have gone on to University to study English Literature, Law, Media, Education and Performing Arts, to name but a few.