Thank you for taking time to look at what being a part of 6th form at ACE means.
In 2016, we saw some of the best 6th form results our Academy has ever achieved with our APS increasing by 100. Vocational students achieved grades that were significantly higher than the national average, with students obtaining, on average, a DISTINCTION grade. Following our recent OFSTED Inspection in October 2016, please read below the positive comment recieved for 6th form.
We were so proud of them all!
In addition to outstanding grades, all students who applied for university were successful in obtaining a place on a course of their choice – another fantastic achievement! The rest going on to further areas of study or employment.
Head Boy: Priest Obayelu Deputy Head Boy: Luke Gardner Head Girl: Chloe Evans Deputy Head Girl: Helena Bissell
We pride ourselves in offering students the opportunity to be a part of a vibrant, learning environment that provides challenges and an innovative learning culture where realistic goals are set and targets achieved. Furthermore, our aim is to inspire students to work and achieve to their full potential by encouraging mutual respect and high standards of behaviour. Alongside this, students have the opportunity to study a broad curriculum where academic and vocational subjects can be mixed and matched depending upon career aspirations, personal interest and ability. All year 12 students take part in a work placement or work experience.
We aim to:
- Place emphasis on maximising student potential and achievement
- Prepare our students for future life transitions through personal, educational and careers guidance processes.
- We are committed to working with other organisations within the local community, employers and the voluntary sector.
- Encourage students to have high aspirations and expectations; the encouragement and support to believe in themselves, make the most of and develop their skills and talents in an enriching, success orientated environment.
- Encouragement and support to become responsible and self-disciplined in their approach to learning and study
- To develop self-confidence arising from personal success and achievement
- Provide a safe, friendly, stimulating and challenging learning environment with a sense of community which grows from consideration, regard and respect for others.
- Support to enable them to work with others so that they can take their place as creative, thoughtful and responsible citizens in the wider community.
- Encourage our students to be role models for younger year groups and participate in activities such a mentoring, Young Enterprise and The Duke of Edinburgh award.
We hope that you decide to join us at this very exciting time where 6th form is growing from strength to strength.
If you would like to discuss any aspects relating to 6th form, please contact:
Mrs J. Cornfield – Director of Post 16, Business and Industry Links: Julie.firstname.lastname@example.org
Nicky Davis – Post16 Careers Guidance Adviser and Administrator: Nicola.email@example.com